Effective Date: July 14, 2022
Information We Collect
We collect various types of information about our customers and Website visitors, including:
- Location: We use various technologies to learn your precise geographic location, including by collecting your IP address or other device information, which may depend on your device’s settings for location services.
- Device Information: When you visit our Website, interact with our Social Media Pages or online ads, or open our emails, we learn about your browser, device type, IP address, internet service provider, and other technical information about your device.
- Identifiers: We collect identifiers which include personal information like name, address, email address, phone number, username and password for our Websites, online identifiers, and shipping address and may also include information such as your social media account information.
- Payment Information: Your payment details can be collected in connection with an order.
- Call, Chat, and Email Records: If you call, chat, or email our customer service agents, we may keep records of those conversations.
- Commercial Information: We keep track of the services or products you purchase, your consuming histories or tendencies, and any subscription program or affiliate program participation information.
- Website Interactions: We collect information about your interactions with our Website. This data may then be to troubleshoot customer service issues, to improve site functionality, and to analyze user needs.
- Submitted Content: We collect any content you submit to our Website, Social Media Pages, or to us including comments, photos, and reviews.
- Profile Information: We may have access to profile details about our customers such as your preferences and website behavior.
- Demographic Information/Characteristics of protected classifications: We have access to demographic details about our customers such as birthdate, gender, ZIP code, and other similar details.
- Job Applications: If you apply for employment, we have access to the content you provide such as your resume, cover letter, and any information contained therein.
- Inferences: We may use any of the above information to draw inferences from these categories of information such as consumer preferences, behavior, and characteristics.
How We Collect Information
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. The categories of sources we collect personal information from include:
- You: We collect information directly from you, whenever you: make a purchase; visit our Websites; contact us with questions or comments; upload content; create an account; sign up for communications; attend conventions and events; participate in our subscription or affiliate programs; respond to a survey; write a review; or use or like our Social Media Pages.
- Your Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Websites, interact with our Social Media Pages or online advertising, or open our emails.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us such as payment processors, analytics, delivery partners/carriers, survey providers, data suppliers, advertising companies, or other service providers. Your information may be collected and processed independently in accordance with the third party’s own privacy notices. These third parties share information they have collected with us.
- Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms share information with us. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy policies and settings.
We will continue to collect personal information from these same sources.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use the information we collect for the following business purposes:
- Fulfillment: Fulfilling your orders and other requests, including, but not limited to, processing payments and delivering your purchases.
- Advertising: Presenting advertising online and via email, or other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines.
- Understanding Our Customers: Analyzing your activity with us (including your interactions with our Websites, Social Media Pages, and emails or other forms of communication), and monitoring the effectiveness of our advertising and communications.
- Personalization: Using your preferences and other collected information to personalize our relationship with you, including presenting customized communication, advertising, and experiences on our Websites, emails, and ads on social media.
- Communications: Communicating with you about our services and products and responding to your inquiries.
- Promotions: Running contests, promotions, and sweepstakes.
- Hiring: Recruiting and hiring, including, but not limited to, verifying your eligibility for employment.
- Customer Experience and Analytics: Serving content on our Websites and Social Media Pages, developing and analyzing our products, Websites, services, and constantly improving our customers’ experience, including but not limited to, troubleshooting customer service issues and improving site functionality and effectiveness.
- Security: Protecting Ruved and our customers from fraud, security threats, and other illegal or harmful activity.
- De-identified data: Creating de-identified and aggregated information, including but not limited to, analyzing general market trends.
- Legal Obligations: Complying with legal and regulatory requirements and responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
How We Share Information with Service Providers and Third Parties and for What Purposes
We may share personal information with third parties for certain business purposes. We share the above categories of personal information with:
- Service Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with many aspects of our business, including fulfilling orders, advertising, analyzing your interests and activity on our Websites and Social Media Pages, and helping us communicate with customers. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in How We Use Collected Information, and we may share with them any types of information described in Information We Collect. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Marketing Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our business. We may share with them the types of information described in How We Use Collected Information.
- Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for compliance with the law or to protect our Website users, our Websites, or the public.
- Parties to a Business Transaction: If Ruved were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or it acquires another company, or is involved in a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control, your information could be shared with that business entity.
- Internally: Ruved may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries to perform services for you.
Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Location Information: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Websites from accessing your location information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services.
- Emails: You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of such email.
- Online Accounts: You can keep your contact information and payment methods accurate and up to date by logging into your account on our Websites. If you wish to cancel your account, email us at email@example.com.
- Online Advertising: For information about opting out of third party advertising, visit: NAI Opt-Out and DAA Opt-Out (you will leave this Website for a separately managed online site where you can specify your preference under those programs). You can also click on the icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through these technologies. We may use more than one third party company for placing this advertising, which would require you to opt out of each company.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies: You may block cookies and similar technologies in your browser or device settings, as and if permitted by such device.
- Google Analytics: You can opt out of Google Analytics across all websites you use. To do so, visit this website.
Our Websites and Social Media Pages are intended for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information of children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 16, we will make reasonable efforts to delete that information from our records. To request deletion of personal information relating to a child under 16, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ruved cares about the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. While we take these measures, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
You can protect your information by selecting strong, unique passwords for the Websites and any associated email addresses. If you have concerns about the security of your account, or wish to alert us of any potential vulnerabilities, please contact email@example.com.
Supported Web Browsers and Do Not Track Signals
We recommend that you use the latest web browser versions to optimize your experience. Older web browser versions may not be able to access or utilize all pages on our Websites as intended.
Please send your privacy-related questions, comments, and concerns to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us at 425-637-1400 or contact us by postal mail at the following address:
2239 152nd AVE NE
Redmond, WA 98052
YOUR STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
Residents of certain states have certain rights concerning the processing and use of their personal information. The rights described herein are subject to exemptions under applicable law. For purposes of this section, the term “Personal Information” includes both “Personal Information” and “Personal Data” as defined by applicable law.
If your Personal Information is subject to a privacy law in your state, you may have certain privacy rights with regard to that information. You may have the right to:
- Know, access, and confirm your Personal Information.
- Delete the Personal Information we have about you, subject to exceptions under applicable law.
- Correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- Obtain your Personal Information in a portable and readily usable format.
- Opt-out of the use or processing of your Personal Information for profiling or targeted advertising.
- Opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information.
Under certain state laws, you may also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of these privacy rights. We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of your rights.
Certain state laws may also provide you the right to appeal our decisions regarding your rights requests if we do not respond to your requests or do not take action regarding your requests. Additionally, if you are a resident of the state of California, you may have a right to pursue legal action for improper handling of your Personal Information.
Submitting a Rights Request
If you wish to exercise the rights listed above, you may submit a request by emailing email@example.com or by calling us at 1-800-925-1371. We will provide your Personal Information to you in writing in a readily usable format. You may also opt-out of the use or processing of your Personal Information for profiling or targeted advertising by using this webform or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to submit your request via email, you must include “Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line and clearly provide us with the following information: what type of request you are making, your full name, email address, and valid shipping address. You may only make one request per email.
We are required to provide you with access to your Personal Information or delete Personal Information only in response to verifiable or authenticated requests. We will compare the information you provide by telephone or via email with any information, we may have in our possession in order to verify your request. We may also contact you to request additional information in relation to your request. The information you provide must match the information we have in our possession. This measure is in place to help ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. The information collected through this process will be used for verification purposes only. Pursuant to your state’s privacy laws, you may request access to your Personal Information a limited number of times within a 12-month period.
Please note that we do not sell your Personal Information, as that term is defined under applicable privacy law.
Please note that you may authorize an agent to exercise any of these rights on your behalf by contacting us by email at email@example.com. If you use an agent, we will take measures to verify your agent’s authorization similar to the verification described above for fulfilling any access or deletion requests. We may require more information to ensure proper verification of you and your agent’s identity and authorization.
Categories of Personal Information Shared for Cross-Context Behavioral Advertising, Profiling, or Targeted Advertising
We may share the following categories of Personal Information for cross-context behavioral advertising, profiling, or targeted advertising: identifiers; demographics; geolocation data; and preferences.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose
We share Personal Information about you with service providers and third parties for business purposes, such as operational purposes and other purposes related to providing you with the products and services you seek from us. For more information about the business purposes for which we disclose Personal Information, see How We Share Information with Service Providers and Third Parties and for What Purposes and see Information We Collect for what types of information may be shared.
If you have opted-out of the sale or processing of your Personal Information for profiling or targeted advertising, you are welcome to opt back in at any time. To opt-in, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly request to opt-in to the sale or processing of your Personal Information for profiling or targeted advertising.
Notice of Financial Incentive
If you apply and are approved to join the Affiliate Program, we offer certain discounts to our Affiliate Program members that share a code with their friends, followers, and/or customers to purchase certain products from us. We offer monetary incentives to Affiliate Program members per code usage. In order to participate in these program(s), you may provide Personal Information from time to time, directly or indirectly. You can apply to join the Affiliate Program at https://ruved.com/pages/affiliates. If you wish to opt-out of the Affiliate Program, you may email us at email@example.com. We value the data of Affiliate Program members as it allows us to track and reward those members for code usage. Any financial incentive or price difference we offer to our Affiliate Program members related to the submission and use of Personal Information is based upon our reasonable but sole determination of the estimated value of such information, which takes into consideration, without limitation, estimates regarding the anticipated revenue generated from such information, the anticipated expenses which might be incurred in the collection, storage, and use of such information in the operation of our business, and other relevant factors related to the estimated value of such information to our business. For more information please see https://ruved.com/pages/affiliates.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Requests from January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021
Type of Request
Total Requests Received
Requests Complied With
Average Days to Respond
Request to Access Data
Request to Delete Data
Request to Opt-Out of “Sale”
7/06/2022 42530028 V.3
We will not process your Sensitive Data or Sensitive Personal Information (as those terms are defined under applicable privacy law) without your prior opt-in consent.