Golden Blend Butternut Squash Soup
Serves: 4—6 | Total prep time: 1 hour 15 mins | Special equipment: blender (standard or immersion blender)
When the temperatures drop and the skies are blanketed in gray, when the leaves brown and descend from their branches, cozy up with a bowl of butternut squash soup. The squash is roasted and caramelized for deeper flavor before being blended with earthy spices including Golden Blend and Wright Salt™ to further enhance the soup's nutrition and flavor. Upgrade your butternut squash soup with our easy recipe that will surely keep you warm and nourished!
What is Golden Blend?
Our powdered formula is designed to nourish your microbiome and support brain, immune, and musculoskeletal function when taken consistently.* Golden Blend features high-potency curcumin, CoQ10 (a powerful antioxidant), coconut-derived MCT powder, and trikatu; an ayurvedic staple consisting of ginger, black pepper and long pepper.
What is Wright Salt?
A flavorful and heart healthy salt alternative made with Himalayan pink salt and essential minerals, including iodine, magnesium, zinc, chloride, and potassium for healthy cardiovascular and thyroid function.
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large butternut squash (about 4 lbs), peeled, deseeded, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large shallot or small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 quart/4 cups broth of your choice (additional broth may be wanted to thin the soup)
- 1 tbsp Golden Blend (substitution: turmeric powder)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, divided
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Wright Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon, more to taste
- Optional garnishes: pumpkin seeds, microgreens, drizzle of coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Peel, deseed, and dice the butternut squash into 1-inch chunks. Scatter the butternut squash on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil over the squash, along with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon. If needed, though not necessary, divide the squash among two pans to encourage browning.
- Roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes, flipping the pieces halfway through the cooking time. Once finished, set aside.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and diced shallot. Stir frequently until softened, roughly 3 minutes.
- Toss in the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about an additional minute.
- Transfer the contents of the pot into a standard blender, along with the squash, spices, broth, and lemon juice. Securely fasten the lid and blend on high until the soup has become creamy. If desired, add more broth to thin the soup out to your liking, and adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Optional step: pass the soup through a mesh sieve for the creamiest result.
- Return the soup to the pot to bring it back up to desired temperature. Serve in bowls and garnish with your choice of a coconut milk drizzle, pumpkin seeds, or microgreens.
Consume within 5 days or store in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months for Golden Blend Butternut Squash Soup on a rainy day.