Support your heart
the Ayurvedic way
Among the body's organs, your heart takes center stage. It's the focal point of your mental and spiritual health.
Nurture it and life will be good. Ayurvedic medicine excels at bringing balance to heart and mind. With ancient wisdom and pure, all-natural ingredients, our cardiovascular support supplements can infuse joy, exhilaration, vitality, and health to your life.
Unbeatable Blood Pressure Support$18.99
- $18.99BUY NOW
Cardiovascular Support For Balanced Health$26.50
- $26.50BUY NOW
Guggal Extra Strength™
Ayurvedic Metabolic Support$19.00
- $19.00BUY NOW
Balanced Blood Sugar & Metabolic Support$21.50
- $21.50BUY NOW
Nutritional Support for the Cardiovascular System$13.70
- $13.70BUY NOW
It can be argued that the heart is the most vital organ in the body. Yet, the statistics associated with heart disease are frightening. One in four Americans has some form of heart disease, and it is currently the leading cause of death among both men and women in the US. In fact, heart disease takes more lives than the next seven leading causes of death combined. Thankfully, there are things you can do every day to keep your heart healthy.
According to Ayurveda, the heart takes a position of high importance among the organs; not only due to its anatomical and physiological importance, but also due to its mental and spiritual value. A traditional, holistic approach to heart health requires you to nourish the emotional heart as well as the physical heart. Remember that this two-fold center is the fountain head of all emotions, whether joy and exhilaration or sadness and frustration. The heart is also the primary location for the three doshas (vata, pitta, and kapha) as well as ojas. Increasing Ojas (the finest byproduct of digestion and the master coordinator of all activities of mind and body) helps support heart health. Ojas leads to bliss, contentment, vitality, and longevity.
Natural Ayurvedic Supplements for Heart Health
One of the most popular products at Ayush Herbs, Inc is Carditone (sometimes mistakenly called cardiotone). Carditone may support cardiovascular and heart health in many ways. Made from a proprietary, doctor recommended and formulated blend, Carditone has been used effectively by millions of satisfied customers for over 25 years. Carditone is an easy, all-natural way to maintain a healthy blood pressure level already within the normal range and may help blood vessel damage. This formula combines Ayurvedic herbs with magnesium, an essential nutrient for heart health and also one of the most common nutrient deficiencies in Western diets. Carditone promotes cardiac health by supporting optimal fluid balance, healthy circulation, and maintaining homeostasis. In Ayurveda, antioxidant-rich arjuna has a long history of successful use in strengthening heart function. The herbs have adaptogenic properties which help support a healthy response to stress and maintain overall health and wellness. In addition, the magnesium in Carditone promotes relaxation by supporting the brain chemicals that encourage rest and helps to maintain healthy levels of calcium and potassium, both essential minerals for heart health.
In Ayurveda, Terminalia arjuna is traditionally used to support heart health and has high levels of heart-healthy antioxidants. Extensive analysis shows that this plant has the flavone arjnonlone, tannins, arjunic acid, and glycosides, which may be acclaimed in providing the observed benefits of Arjuna. Arjuna strengthens and tones the circulatory system and promotes the proper function of the heart muscle, thus supporting the maintenance of healthy cholesterol levels and blood pressure levels already within a normal range. It also enhances cellular energy production, supports healthy circulation, and proper oxygenation.
Emblica officinalis (Amla or amalaki)
Originating from the drops of Amrit, juice that spilled on the earth accidentally, amla has traditionally been used as a rejuvenator (rasayana) and an adaptogen. This sour fruit is regarded as a natural antioxidant with a rich and high source of vitamin C, while also providing cooling, bowel supporting, heart protective, and immune supporting properties. Amla is said to help maintain vitality and youthfulness while supporting the proper function of the heart.
Gymnema sylvestre, or Gurmar - “destroyer of sugar” in Hindi, supports the pancreas and blood sugar regulation. Gymnema’s name gives way to its most common traditional uses – maintaining healthy blood sugar within a normal range. The leaves, when chewed, interfere with the ability to taste sweetness. In India, Gymnema has been used for over 2,000 years. While supporting healthy blood sugar, it is also used for efficient energy metabolism, to support healthy urinary function, for digestive support, kidney support, and as a general antioxidant.
Elettaria cardamomum (Cardamom)
Cardamom is a perennial plant in the ginger family, native to southern India. The seeds of are the source of cardamom. In India, cardamom is known as the "Queen of spices," and according to Ayurveda, cardamom is good for balancing all three doshas (tridoshic). According to Ayurveda, the buildup of ama (toxins) blocks normal circulation in the body and reduces energy levels, and cardamom aids in reducing the accumulation of ama. Cardamom also activates circulation by toning the heart and encourages serenity and comfort. Cardamom is rich in antioxidants, and the seeds are a great source of fiber. Research suggests that cardamom may help to maintain blood pressure already in the normal range and support healthy cholesterol levels.
Commiphora mukul (Guggal)
According to Ayurvedic texts, Commiphora mukul (guggal) is said to promote fat metabolism and provide support to a sluggish metabolism. Known commonly as myrrh, guggal is a small spiny tree often revered for its medicinal properties that come from its sap, or gum. It is often used as a perfume and incense in spiritual ceremonies and provides for healthy cardiovascular, inflammatory, and pancreatic support.
Additional Natural Supplements for Heart Support
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for good nutrition and overall wellness. Studies have shown that the health benefits of fish oil include its ability to support various heart conditions and support the management of cholesterol levels already within the normal range. Fish oil supports a positive mood, strengthens the immune system and supports healthy muscles and joints. It also supports healthy weight loss and overall skin care. Molecularly distilled, Ayush fish oil exceeds industry standards for purity, making it one of the best omega-3 fish oil products available.
Other Ways to Support Heart Health
Diet and Exercise
Many of the major heart health risks can be prevented with healthy lifestyle modifications. These include:
- Choosing a healthy diet. Eating a diet that is low in fat, cholesterol, and salt, and increasing the number of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and fiber can help improve overall health, while decreasing the risk of heart disease. Eating vegetables and incorporating spices such as cardamom (sometimes cardamom or cardamum), cumin, coriander, and turmeric may improve digestion and absorption. Certain foods such as oysters, pomegranates, avocado, leafy green vegetables, and healthy oils (e.g., olive oil) foster heart health. In addition, garlic and ginger are excellent foods to include in a heart-healthy diet.
- Avoiding alcohol and smoking.
- Exercising 3-5 days per week. Exercise is an essential way to stimulate vitality, strength, and the natural healing mechanisms of the human body. If you follow the Ayurvedic principle of balaardh, exercising to half your capacity, you can exercise every single day without straining your muscles. Research has demonstrated positive effects of exercise on heart health. Regular physical activity has the direct effect of promoting adaptability of the heart, the vascular system, and the nervous system. Physical activity also promotes harmonious relationships between the respiratory system, cardiovascular system, nervous system, and endocrine (hormonal) system. In addition, exercising regularly is important for developing exercise tolerance, as well as improving stamina and endurance. As little as 20 minutes of exercise can stimulate the immune system, reduce stress, and provide cardiovascular benefits.
- Reducing stress. Over time, stress can negatively impact emotional and physical health. Excess stress can certainly compromise heart health. Incorporating stress relieving activities such as yoga, meditation, deep breathing, and massage improves overall health, lowers the risk of heart disease, reduces inflammation, and changes the body’s responses to stress.
- Practice good bedtime habits. Ayurveda considers sleep just as important as diet in maintaining health.
- Laughter is great for the heart and the soul!